The four points that are perpendicular to the crampon rails prevent shearing in soft snow and improve security while descending (facing outward). The G12 is fully adjustable by hand and easily folds away for transportation.
- Supplied with anti-balling plates
- C2 crampon grade: semi-rigid construction
- Horizontally-oriented frame resists snowballing underfoot and flexes with rockered soles
- New Matic binding system is simple and efficient, allowing use of new, lighter weight mountaineering boots without significant welts at the toes
- Three dimensional relief stamped technology for added strength
- Fully adjustable by hand, without tools
- G12 folds easily for transportation
- Front Zytel® straps attached to the front posts anchor the toes, while clip-in cams secure the heels; nylon ankle straps fasten with 2 ring buckles
- Chromolly steel construction is strong and durable; semi-rigid construction
Crampon compatibility with your winter boots is one of the most important factors in preparing yourself for winter mountaineering, be it hillwalking or full scale winter climbing. All four season boots should be suitable for crampon use. The grey area in crampon fitting is the flexibility of your boot sole and in some cases the width and size of the boots. The ideal answer to this problem is to take your boots to your nearest Nevisport store and get good advice.
If you are purchasing by mail order it would be a good idea to include details and brand of boots to be used with your crampons (in the special instructions box on our order form). Crampons come in a variety of styles and fixing systems and if you take our advice as recommended by most boot suppliers you can have peace of mind in your purchase.
- Crampon grade:C2
- Made from:Chromolly steel
- Fits boot sizes:Euro 36-47
- Sizes:Standard, XL
- Quick Find Code