All the fundamentals, from ethics to getting up the rock are presented in John Long’s classic style. Revised and updated to reflect the modern standards of equipment, technique, and training methods, this guide includes sections on face climbing; crack climbing; ropes, anchors, and belays; getting off the rock; sport climbing; and much more. It is the essential how-to book for rock climbers everywhere.
- This nuts-and-bolts guide serves as an introduction to rock climbing for beginners and helps intermediate climbers hone their knowledge of the sport
- Covers the basics and distils the intricacies of modern technical rock climbing in all its forms
- Overview of the history of climbing and the ratings system
- Review of face and crack climbing skills, equipment needed to get up and down the rock and the art of leading
- Sport climbing on protected routes, training methods and how to get started
- Quick Find Code