Second edition of Stephen Lord's book that has become the cycle-tourist's Bible and inspiration.
Every cyclist dreams of making the big Trip, the Grand Cycle Tour abroad. Whether that's a two-week trip or a year-long journey, the Adventure Cycle-Touring Handbook is the comprehensive manual that will make the dream a reality. Riding the Karakoram Highway, cycling in Tibet or pedalling from Patagonia to Alaska, whether you're planning your own Big Trip or just enjoy reading about other people's adventures, the Handbook is guaranteed to illuminate, entertain and above all, inspire.
- Fully updated 2nd edition of the guide to worldwide long-distance trips - from two-week tours to epic adventures of many months or more.
- Practical information and inspiration. The book is divided into three sections:
- Part 1: Practical information - newly updated information on choosing and equipping a bike, clothing, camping gear, health and survival.
- Part 2: Trans-continental route outlines - where to go across Europe, Africa, Asia, North & South America and the latest information on visas and border crossings, as well as advice on cultural sensitivities and local customs.
- Part 3: Tales from the Saddle - first-hand accounts and trip reports from seasoned cycle-tourists; 10 NEW tales for this edition.
- Written by: Stephen Lord
- 307 pages
- 15 maps
- 30 colour photos 100 B&W photos
- 135mm x 210mm 5-1/2 x 8
- Quick Find Code