A true modern outdoor classic, the Extreme Jacket was the first truly technical soft shell, single layer bit of mountain kit.
Designed for extreme cold and built without compromise, the Montane Extreme Jacket has been tested by mountaineers, climbers and adventurers all over the world in extremely hostile conditions, everywhere from the high Arctic to Antarctic expeditions. Over 20 years of testing and refinement have led to the current incarnation of a true classic among outdoor jackets, and led to both the Extreme Jacket and Extreme Smock becoming trusted favorites of mountain rescue teams and outdoor professionals around the world.
The Montane Extreme Jacket features a super tough Pertex Classic 6 outer, reinforced at critical points with PolarDri Mini-Rip, combined with a DRYACTIV 3000 high pile to give amazing warmth and superb durability.
Fabric: PERTEX® Classic 6
Reinforcements: POLARDRI® Mini-Rip
Lining: DRYACTIV 3000
Weight: 1,025g (SIZE M)
Sizes: S, M, L , XL
Fit: Active Mountain
Activities: Polar Exploration / Mountaineering / Outdoor Professional
- Highly windproof, breathable and fast drying PERTEX® Classic 6 outer shell
- Reinforced tough POLARDRI® elbows
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Fully adjustable and removable pile lined helmet compatible mountain hood with three point adjustment and wired peak
- Soft fleece beardguard around face and mouth for extra comfort
- Two deep A-line hand-warmer pockets positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- MONTANE® Cross-Vent system to aid cooling whilst working hard
- Chest pocket for handy essentials in the mountains
- Glove attachment loops on forearms
- Full length, reversed and baffled two way YKK front zip for ease of use with a backpack or climbing harness
- Adjustable cuffs with grab tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts
- Adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- Reflective details for mountain safety
- Quick Find Code