It wouldn't be outrageous to describe Polartec's Power Shield as a wonder fabric. For 90% of the time, in 90% of situations, Power Shield delivers exactly what is required, it blocks 98% of the wind, yet remains exceptionally breathable, it is highly resistant to abrasion and is extremely water resistant.
In the Sabretooth Jacket, Montane has used this wonderful fabric to create the ultimate mountain soft shell, extremely versatile, and with the stretch properties of Power Shield it is comfortable to wear all day long. A thin layer of micro fleece added to the inner side of the Power Shield fabric gives it a degree of warmth whilst still keeping the weight down.
Featuring a fully adjustable Alpine hood with an excellent wired peak, 2 large chest pockets that fit maps in with ease, 2 hand warmer pockets hidden behind the chest pockets which are supremely luxurious on a cold day and the full compliment of adjustable features elsewhere.
The Montane Sabretooth Soft Shell Jacket is without doubt one of the most versatile and competent soft shell jackets available today.
Fabric: POLARTEC® Power Shield®
Weight: 560g (SIZE L)
Sizes: XS, S, M, L , XL
Fit: Active Mountain
Activities: Mountaineering / Fast Alpine / Rock Climbing / Ice Climbing / Backcountry Skiing / Mountain Walking / High Trekking
- The Sabretooth uses POLARTEC® Power Shield®; a highly effective wind blocking, breathable, water repellent and abrasion resistant fabric.
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Flatlocked sewn seams throughout for extra comfort and durability
- Fully adjustable helmet compatible mountain hood with three point adjustment and wired peak
- Internal tab to lock down and roll away the hood in windy conditions
- Soft fleece beardguard around face and mouth for extra comfort
- Two map-sized mesh lined zipped Napoleon chest pockets for easy access to essentials whilst on the move
- Two microfleece lined hand-warmer pockets positioned clear of waist belt or harness
- Full length, reversed and baffled two way YKK front zip for ease of use with a climbing harness
- Adjustable cuffs with grab tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts
- Adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- Quick Find Code