An advanced, highly technical four season mountain walking shell designed to keep you dry and comfortable in all weathers.
Designed for year round, all weather mountain walking offering exceptional levels of protection no matter what you're doing, the Montane Mens Direct Ascent Jacket uses nylon-faced eVent Hurricane fabric to provide superb durability, breathability and total waterproofness.
It is perfect in stormy weather conditions where the jacket can be comfortably worn 100% of the time thanks to eVents' fantastic levels of breathability. Fully featured, it has a great, functional pocket combination, helmet compatible hood and is longer in the body for extra protection when you need it most.
From the Scottish mountains to the American Cascade Ranges, the Direct Ascent Jacket is perfectly suited for long days in wet, cold and stormy weather.
- eVent® Hurricane 3 Layer fabric ishighly breathable and durably waterproof
- Colour matched 13mm micro-taped seams to increase breathable surface area
- 3mm seam allowance on all seams, reducing weight and bulk under the micro-tape and creating a smooth, strong seam
- Tailored with mountain walking in mind; longer in the body and able to accommodate winter layering
- Technical tailoring to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
- Articulated arms with engineered tailoring to prevent seams constricting over elbows and biceps
- Fully adjustable climbing helmet compatible mountain hood with three points of adjustment
- Hood visor stiffened with a wire on the lip for adjustability
- Internal elastic loop combined with hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
- Bonded and stitched hood channels for extra strength
- Single hand adjustable elasticated face aperture with ‘floating’ cordlocks and internal cord exit for simplicity and improved functionality
- Two deep map-sized hand-warmer A-line pockets with YKK matte Aqua Guard® zips positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- A-line pockets have internal mesh ventilation
- A-line pockets feature brushed fine microfleece on the inside to provide warmth
- External pockets feature shaped zip garages to prevent further weather entry
- YKK zips are both stitched and bonded into the seams
- Internal left hand side bonded mesh pocket with Velcro closure CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length YKK matte Aqua Guard front zip that is highly water resistant and two way to allow easy access to climbing or rucksack harness and / or trousers
- Internal storm flap with rain drain edge behind centre front zip together with low profile, durable Duraflex® Thinna® press stud to secure hem and prevent further weather entry
- Bonded brushed fine microfleece on inner collar facings next to mouth, chin and rear neck
- Roll over beardguard prevents YKK zip from contacting the chin or mouth
- Adjustable cuffs with grab tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop WAIST AND HEM
- Bonded internal waist channel to adjust fabric in body for a closer fit and lower adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- MONTANE® ‘penny cordlocks’ on lower hem sides to create a low profile for comfort under climbing or rucksack harness
Weight: 500g (Size M)
- Quick Find Code