The Thorium AR Hoody combines ergonomic fit, premium craftsmanship and carefully selected fabrics. Lofty 750 fill European grey goose down delivers exceptional warmth for little weight, is durably resilient, and packs easily. The outer is soft, durable Arato™ 40 nylon. This lightweight material withstands abrasion, packs compactly and has a DWR finish to repel moisture.
Arc’teryx designs are careful and intentional, and the Thorium’s elevated performance comes from focused construction and patterning. The women’s specific Athletic fit is streamlined and layers easily under a hardshell in cold conditions. Articulation built into the sleeves and gussets under the arm provide a level of freedom of movement not often found in an insulated jacket. Because the Thorium AR is intended as a midlayer, Arc’teryx is able to use sewn through construction to further reduce weight and increase packability.
Mapped for Performance
Arc’teryx Down Composite Mapping technology combines the goose down insulation with panels of Coreloft™ synthetic insulation in areas prone to moisture. Used in the hood, cuffs and under the arms, the Coreloft™ insulates even if wet. Down is used in the sleeves and around the body’s core. The insulated StormHood™ fits close to the head for efficient thermal performance and a high level of visibility, and two zippered pockets secure small essentials.
- Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
- Compressible and packable
- Wind resistant
Fabric Composition & Care
- Coreloft™ 80 (80 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
- 750 fill European goose down
- Colibri™ - 40D nylon, lightweight, wind resistant mini ripstop taffeta with DWR coating
- Coreloft™ 140 (140 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C) on gentle wash cycle.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Front load washing machine recommended (use a mesh bag for top loading machines).
- Rinse twice.
- Tumble dry on low heat with tennis balls or 'sock balls'. Drying time may take up to three hours.
- Do not iron.
- Store unstuffed in a dry place.
- AW - 18/19