A new addition to the Montane line up, and featuring Brand New Polartec Alpha insulation, the Alpha Guide is a hyper breathable hybrid insulator.
Designed and developed for climbing, the Alpha Guide Jacket gives effective insulation to the core body whilst leaving the arms free from any restriction.
It combines the unique properties of PERTEX® Microlight Stretch, POLARTEC® Alpha and Mt. Thermo X Stretch to create a truly formidable jacket. The Alpha Guide Jacket provides torso protection in a new and unique way, using the revolutionary POLARTEC® Alpha - the latest evolutionary step in synthetic insulation.
With its open, woven construction, POLARTEC® Alpha combines warmth with hyper breathability, whilst at the same time being extremely compressible. This new format of insulation is encased in PERTEX® Microlight Stretch, which provides high wind resistance combined with the stretch needed for climbing movement. The jacket also features a stretch hood that fits underneath a climbing helmet and stretch arms with thumb loops. The Alpha Guide is not so much a piece of clothing, rather a piece of climbing equipment.
- PERTEX® Microlight Stretch is windproof, showerproof, fast drying and features an exceptional durable water repellancy
- POLARTEC® Alpha insulation is a remarkable, hyper breathable and highly packable insulating fill
- Arms, hood and shoulders feature Mt. Thermo X Stretch with a brushed fleece inner, anti-pilling outer face and high stretch for dynamic body movement
- Flatlocked sewn seams through Mt. Thermo X Stretch areas for extra comfort and durability
- PEAQ Synthetic liner that is supremely comfortable next to the skin, highly breathable and fast drying
- Active fit with next to skin tailoring in arms
- Articulated arms for high reach movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Mt. Thermo X Stretch fleece hood that provides a snug fit and can be worn underneath a helmet
- Two insulated hand-warmer pockets positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- All external pockets feature shaped zip garages to prevent further weather entry
- Full length YKK reverse coil front zip that is two way to allow easy access to climbing or rucksack harness and / or trousers # Internal wind-strip behind centre front zip
- Roll over beardguard prevents YKK zip from contacting the chin or mouth
- Low profile cuffs with thumb loops can be pulled up forearms to aid cooling
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop
- Fully adjustable lower hem to prevent heat loss and weather entry
- Skier Ability
- Ski Type
- Bindings notice