The Kryos from Mountain Equipment is the warmest sleeping bag in their Extreme Alpine range. Utilising the very best 800+ fill down power and superb engineering, it gives you a warm and high-quality bag for high mountain use.
The Alpine fit design is slightly more tapered in the upper body/leg areas to minimise weight and to enhance the bag’s thermal performance.
It features trapezoid baffles throughout the main body to maximise the retention of down in position and to overlap minimising heat loss.
With Ground level seams and a V-side baffle on the bag, it means that the top sheet of the bag wraps right over your body, increasing insulation.
The lining of the main body uses EXL® elasticated stitching on the baffles to hug the bag close to your body, increasing thermal efficiency, loft and comfort.
The hood is constructed of seven baffles providing excellent insulation and has less deformation when contoured around or over the face.
The foot of the bag uses a six baffle trapezium shape to provide a good sized toe box without any dead spots in the insulation.
The closure system utilises Lode Lock™ that's single handed for ease of use in extreme conditions.Ideal for alpine winter mountaineering/climbing and backcountry ski trips.
- Alpine fit with EXL® system improves loft and maximises thermal efficiency
- Trapezoid baffles throughout
- Ground level side seams with V-side baffles
- 7 baffle low volume anatomically shaped hood
- 6 baffle anatomically shaped and offset foot-box
- Full-length Gemini™ YKK® 5# Coil 2-way zip and integrated neck collar the Lode Lock™ closure
- DRILITE® LOFT™ XERO 10D inner foot-box and hood lining
- Waterproof roll-top stuff-sack and storage cube
- Good Nights Sleep Guaranteed -20°C
Fabric Composition & Care
- 90-10 800+ Russian Goose Down insulation
- DRYLITE® LOFT™ Xero™ 10D outer fabric
- Ultrasoft™ 20D and DRILITE® Xero™ 10D lining fabric