Blue Monday. The worst day of the year for feeling just a little bit miserable.
They say it’s due to the grey weather, the fact that January is always a tough one on the wallet, and that we are all coming back to work after having a lovely break stuffing our faces full off lovely things and spending time with lovely people….
But enough of the reminiscing of Christmassy times past. January doesn’t deserve this bad rep – January is your very own advocate for starting a new year fresh with great ideas and inspiration, to do your best and be your best!
But if this Blue Monday notion is niggling at you, and you just need a little helping hand to get you through, then we’re here to help.
We’ve made this very lovely little infographic on just a few tips to get you through Blue Monday, and every Monday in fact – so the year ahead is for you!
Tips To Tackle Blue Monday
#1 Take Control Of Your Morning
- Change your horrible alarm tone to a tune that puts a smile on your face
- Set it 10 minutes earlier than normal to have a stress-free, rush-free, feel-good morning
#2 Chow Down On Some Mood Boosting Food
- Now this can either be what the “scientists” call mood boosting – nuts, fruit, dark chocolate etc. even oysters :/
- Or, what you call mood boosting – pizza for lunch anyone?
- Make sure it’s prepared the night before for a stress free lunchtime
#3 Make Your Break “Yours”
- If Mondays breaks often mean replying to emails or eating at your desk – get that changed!
- Make sure’ you do you’. Want to read a book or listen to a podcast? Do it – put your earphones in so no one disturbs you and sip away in peaceful bliss
#4 Retail Therapy – The Good Kind
- Need an extra boost to really get your New Years Resolution moving? Spend today getting kitted out in everything you need to tackle your goals
- Guilt free spending – now that’s something to smile about
What’s even better than guilt free spending? – January Sales! Check ours out here to get all your outdoor gear at the best prices across top brands – Outdoor Wear January Sale.
#5 Pump Those Endorphins
- Find some time to get that blood pumping and those lovely endorphins circulating by getting in some exercise!
- If you can’t make time on Monday why not plan for a day out at the weekend to climb a hill or go swim or chase your dog in a field
Want to track how well you are doing with your New Years Resolution? There is nothing more effective than keeping you in-line with your goals than Garmin Fitness Smart Watches. More than just step counters, these guys plan routes, monitor your heart-rate, and some even blast your favorite playlist!