To celebrate Earth Day 2019 we are teaming up with none other than Merrell, the top-quality producers of the finest hiking boots, to give you the Merrell Moab 2 Earth Day Walking Shoes.
For every pair of these sold during April, we at Nevisport will be donating £20.00 to WaterAid UK to provide clean water and toilets to communities around the world.
What Is Earth Day?
Earth Day 2019 is celebrated this year on Monday 22nd April.
It’s the world’s largest environmental movement that works year round to solve climate change, to end plastic pollution, to protect endangered species, and to broaden, educate, and activate the environmental movement across the globe.
- 1 Billion people involved
- Across 192 countries
The theme this year is – Protect Our Species
We must work together to protect endangered and threatened species: bees, coral reefs, elephants, giraffes, insects, whales and more.
Find out more: Protect Our Species
How To Get Involved In Earth Day?
Earth Day isn’t just about what you can do this one day of the year. It’s making small changes to your daily life and activities that add up to make a big difference.
- Commit to earth-friendly acts
- Make more sustainable choices
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Conserve energy and resources
- Collaborate on environmental projects in your community
- Vote for leaders committed to protecting us and the environment
- Share your acts of green to help educate and inspire others to join our movement!
Find out more about the pledges you can take and ways to take action: Take Action
Earth Day x Nevisport
This year we have decided to team up with Merrell to promote their eco-friendly Merrell Moab 2 Earth Day Walking Shoes.
Made using less water, less energy, and plenty of recycled materials, this walking shoe provides comfort and durability without unnecessary strain on the environment.
Making even more of an impact, in a good way, this style comes with an artist collaboration Merrell Kinetic Fit™ Base removable contoured insole that gives flexible support and looks amazing.
And for every pair sold we are going to donate £20.00 to WaterAid UK.
Merrel Moab 2 Earth Day
ISA Superlite Leather
Merrell exclusive ISA Superlite which saves 321 lamp hours and 34 liters of water vs LWG stand leather production process.
Used in all of the leather on the upper.
Econyl nylon fibre
ECONYL® is 100% regenerated nylon fibre from fishnets and other nylon waste
Used in the fibre upper and the collar and tongue
Used in the toecap and the outsole
Used in the quarter lining, tongue, and collar lining
Recycled EVA and EVA foam
Used in the midsole and footbed
Repreve recycled poly
Both the laces and the eyestay webbing us 100% Repreve recycled poly
• Full grain leather with ECONYL® fibre upper
• Bellows tongue that keeps debris out
• Breathable mesh lining for superior comfort
• Protective rubber toe cap
• M Select™ FRESH antimicrobial agents to reduce shoe odour
• Merrell Air Cushion in the heel which helps absorbs shock and adds stability
• Recycled compression moulded EVA midsole for stability and comfort
• Moulded nylon arch shank
Working With WaterAid UK
We decided to donate £20.00 of the sale of each pair sold to WaterAid UK to help support Earth Day 2019.
We decided to go with WaterAid due to the amazing work they do changing millions of lives every year across 28 different countries to provide clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
Find out more: WaterAid UK