Top performing approach shoe with green credentials The ideal approach shoe should be tough, well protected and provide enough support for easy climbing but comfy enough for the approach walk.
The Crux takes technologies that have been developed in our trekking and climbing range and combing them together to give a hybrid that has all of the characteristics required to be a top approach shoe.
Toughness is provided by using our best quality suede in the upper, a rubber toe and heel rand gives protection whilst the new Vibram Vertical sole with sticky rubber, tough EVA midsole and forefoot cradle system ensures support and confidence.
It’s not just the colour that’s green, they’re made using 50% recycled polyester in the lining and mesh!
The Vibram Vertical approach sole that simultaneously climbs more effectively and also provides better traction for descending loose terrain.
- Kevlar® forefoot webbing on the natural suede uppers retains its shape; to-the-toe lacing lets you customize the fit while you're on the move
- Lacing to the toes allows for a precise fit
- Rubber toe rands protect your feet on the trail
- Climbing zones under the toes helps keep your feet happy and relaxed
- EVA midsoles for comfort and support
- Vibram® Vertical Approach soles with sticky rubber for long-lasting grip
Fabric Composition & Care
- Upper - 1.8mm suede leather/recycled polyester air-mesh
- Lining - Recycled polyester
- Midsole - EVA
- Outsole - Vibram Vertical Approach rubber
- Skier Ability
- Ski Type
- Bindings notice