The Laser Competition 1 has become the classic, one person backpacking tent and has received multiple industry 'Best In Test' awards. The tent is designed for travellers and backpackers looking for weight saving kit and is suitabe for medium, duration backpacking trips and 3 season conditions.
The forerunner to the Laser Competition 1 (the Laser Lite) was first launched in 2004 and was the first 1kg tent in the market. It sparked a trend for lightweight tent development and the Laser design became the defacto standard for lightweight tents.
Although the silicone flysheet cannot be seam sealed, the Laser Competition has been cleverly designed to minimise the number of seams over the inner. There is one main seam, which incorporates the pole sleeve, over the inner and the tent is supplied with a removable, waterproof hood to cover this seam and add extra stability. The remaining seams at each end of the tent are positioned away from the inner so the inner is fully protected from the wet.
To keep weight and pack size down folding carbon rods are used at each end of the tent. The main pole is high quality DAC alloy. The Laser Competition 1 tent is compatible with the Terra Nova FASTPACK system, allowing those who want to trim weight further when conditions permit, to use the flysheet and the fastpack groundsheet (which is available separately) without the inner.
Suitable for 1 person, or two people at a squeeze during mountain marathon events.
- Sleeps: 1,2
- Season Rating Spec: 3 season backpacking
- Free standing?: No (tent requires guy lines to be pitched)
- Minimum Weight: 0.91Kg (2lb )
- Packed Weight: 0.97Kg (2lb 2oz)
- Pitch Time (estimate): 5 mins
- Number of Porches: 1
- Number of Doors: 1
- Pitch Type: Fly and Inner pitch together
- Packed Size: 40x12cm
- Range: 3 season backpacking
- Flysheet: Si/Si Nylon R/S 5000mm
- Floor: Si/Si Nylon R/S 6000mm
- Poles: 8.55mm DAC Featherlite
- Pegs: 10 x 11g Alloy
- Guylines: 4 x Reflective with Clamcleats
- Compatible with Terra Nova FASTPACK system (fastpack weight: 0.58kg)